Update on the Brink mission trip to Chile
(Please see attached pdf document for this newsletter with map.)
November 19, 2020
Dear Family and Friends,
As we approach Thanksgiving, we pray that you are finding many reasons to thank the Lord even in the midst of the continuing pandemic. We personally are very grateful for His many blessings since we last wrote to you in August.
First of all, we praise God that we have reached the funding goal for our mission service in Chile next spring. Thank you all so much for your generous contributions. At this time we no longer need to raise more funds.
We also thank the Lord for the growing number of people who have committed to pray for us while we serve in Chile.
Chile is beginning to open up again, and God-willing we will be able to travel in March and serve in Santiago from March through May.
We are also thankful that until now we have had no illness in our family, and we have been able to see our children and grandchildren in Southern California. We’ve even had road trips to Arizona, Utah, and Texas.
Finally, we are thankful that the Lord has given us the opportunity to return to Liberia in January through the mission of our home congregation, Faith Community Lutheran here in Las Vegas. Barb will be teaching several Bible courses to women and high school students for three weeks, and Bo will be doing pastoral training for five weeks. As of right now, we are scheduled to leave for Liberia on January 4th.
Thanks for your continued prayers. Here are some ways you can be praying for us:
· That the pandemic would subside sufficiently for us to be able to travel to Liberia in January and Chile in the spring of 2021
· Thank the Lord that we have remained healthy during the Covid crisis, and ask Him to grant us continued good health
· That the Lord would guide us as we prepare for the ministry in Santiago
· Praise God with us that through the loving contributions of so many people our financial obligations have been met
· That the Lord would continue to grant protection and guidance to the Tinos in their church-planting ministry in Santiago
· That the Lord would keep us safe and use us for His glory through our teaching mission in Liberia
· For Global Lutheran Outreach (GLO) as it also faces many challenges during this pandemic
Again, we thank you for your love and support, and we wish you a very blessed Thanksgiving celebration.
Partners in the gospel,
Bo and Barb Brink
Please let us know if you would rather not receive these newsletters.
Global Lutheran Outreach is a not-for-profit corporation under section 501 c 3 of the Federal Tax code.