Dear Praying Friends,
August began in St. Louis for new missionary orientation. There I was supported in developing a power point presentation and a message to share with congregations. Orientation was held in a prayerful and worshipful environment, filled with very kind and talented servants of God’s church at the International Center.
That was followed by a day with Old Missionary Gary Thies at Mission Central in Mapleton, Iowa, filled with more prayer, encouragement and inspiration. My dad met me there, and I followed him to his apartment in Sutherland, Iowa for the rest of the month.
With Dad’s kitchen table as my “desk,” I began making phone calls and emailing congregations, seeking opportunities to do mission presentations at churches, Bible studies, fellowship groups, or Lutheran school chapels. Following over 100 emails and more than 100 phone calls later, I was able to do six presentations in Iowa in August, and am scheduled for five thus far in Nebraska in September and five in Minnesota in October. I will continue to call, and email seeking more opportunities these next two months.
I have also been blessed to receive multiple gifts in support of the work, and have mailed 50+ thank you notes to the contributors.
I am very grateful for your prayers, and I pray for God’s rich blessings on each of you, that He will multiply a hundredfold the blessings you all are to me.
In Christ’s Service,
- For all of the notes, pledges, prayers and contributions that have been offered.
- For great training both at the International Center, and at Mission Central.
- For the opportunities to meet with God’s people in congregations in northwest Iowa.
- For my son, Luke, loaning me his car for all of my travels this summer.
- For more open doors at congregations in Nebraska and Minnesota this fall.
- For safety in travel.
- To be a blessing to the hosts and the congregation members I visit.
- For God to bless all supporters for the blessing they are.
167 Gongyuan St, 5Fl, #1
East District, Chaiyi City,
Cell phone (fall 2020):
Gifts in support of my work can be sent to:
Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod
PO Box 66861
St. Louis, MO 63166-6861
40718 Highway E-16
Mapleton, Iowa 51034